SoFoBoMo 2012



May has just flown by, I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've posted here.

I have been busy though.  I've participated in a local show with the West Michigan Photography Collective.  It is a group of photographers, both student and professional folks.  We formed to try to get our work well known in the area and hopefully sold.  I like the group since I continue to learn from other photographers and they push me to better myself.

I've also been printing more alternative process.  I've had access to the equipment in a studio in Kalamazoo, so I have put off getting a workflow going at home.  Since I probably won't have access to the studio over the summer, I need to start working on that again.

I've also succeeded in getting 3 prints accepted in the local Festival of the Arts Regional Arts Competition again.  The opening reception is tonight, so photos will hopefully come this weekend.

The last Solo Photography Book Month was supposed to be 2011.  The group running it decided it would take too much time and money to continue.  Thankfully someone else has picked up the mantle and is trying to run with it.

Now being headquartered at http://sofobomo.jntech.co.uk/, the web site is slowly coming into shape.  He's got a process to register, a forum and is working on a way to upload finished books.   

Sofobomo will run from July 1st to August 31st this year.  In case you've forgotten how it works, you pick a project, take 35 photos, and produce a book in a 31 day consecutive timeframe in those two months.   The book only has to have a pdf version, which you upload to the website.

I'm already thinking about a project to do, and (hopefully) will finish it this year and product a book.  More later.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the horse pic in the fog!!!

I have a question....whats a good camera for a beginner wanting to move out of Point&Shoot. I need more zoom capabilities as well. Thanks!!

Popular Posts