13/366 Reading

I was walking through the lodge at Starved Rock and came across this gentleman making himself comfortable. An hour later I walked by again and he was sleeping. The lodge was busy, with people walking past and talking in the immediate area. I guess some people can be comfortable anywhere.

Since the Bald Eagle winters in Starved Rock, I was hoping to have a picture of one of those instead. However, there are not a lot in the area because it is actually too warm. The river in the area is high and most of the eagles have moved to lakes and tributaries instead. It's easier fishing. The day was also very hazy and overcast. I did see an eagle flying across the river and later in the day, two of the birds perched in a tree on an island in the middle of the river. No good photos though.

Comments

Popular Posts