Alter Egos



Seeing these characters in last Saturday's Christmas parade started me thinking. I'm kind of hoping I could get a photo shoot put together with these guys in costume. The logistics could be a bear and finding an appropriate location would be difficult. Where do you find a alien looking location in Grand Rapids?

Thinking more on it, I came up with a possible project. An alter ego project. I know it's been done, but I haven't done it yet. Photos of the person both in and out of character. The logistics for this might be easier, just a studio with a white background and a changing room. It would be good to expand the characters beyond the Star Wars folks. I know there are Civil War reenactors, people who go to Renissance Fairs and people who dress up as video game characters.

Trying to explore visually the way a persons character change when the clothes change. It would be an interesting project. I find myself wanting to photograph people more, but not in the classic photographic portrait style. I guess I'll have to find a studio of some sort so I can start exploring this.

Comments

Popular Posts