Fog




Sunday I woke up to a landscape full of fog. For once I had nothing better to do, so the faithful photographers assistant and I grabbed the camera and hit the road.

The first spot we hit, the Indian Mounds area along the Grand River wasn't very promising. Some fog along the river, not much in the trees. We walked around a bit, but didn't see anything.

We then drove over to Jenison to photograph at a natural area there. Every time I'm over there I pass by the drive to the golf course above. Not this time, it was perfect. I am planning on going back for some fall color later in the month.



I'm afraid I'm a sucker for what another photographer calls "sticks in the water". Well a stick in the fog in the water is even better.



Dewey spider webs are great also, though I do need to go back with a macro lens....



We then drove over to the Lake Michigan coast line. Holland was bright and sunny, which in this instance was disappointing. Headed up to Grand Haven, since there was a couple of places I wanted to go, and went to the north pier. Bright and sunny also, until we walked down by the water. Once you got off the beach, it was like walking into a wall of fog. From sun to gloom in a hundred feet. You could barely see the south pier, I had to work the above photo a bit to bring it out. I wasn't even able to get a photo of the lighthouse at the end of the pier, it was that foggy.



The faithful photographers assistant, Annie. Sitting on the north pier near the parking lot. She's turned a year old this past week, but she's still just a puppy. Plus she still can wear me out. But she's fun, and very good natured. It's amazing how much a dog can get other people to talk to you.




Comments

Popular Posts