The Apple Trees




While I haven't been getting out as much as I hoped to work on my sofobomo photos, it seems that when I do, I'm concentrating on the apple trees in the park. Part of this is I know that the blossoms only last about a week before they are gone. A bigger part is that I grew up next to an orchard, where we had the run of the place all year round. So the sights and smells of the trees take me to a happy place, at least for a bit.

Since on top of Mothers day, we are going to have more lousy weather, I walked through the park first thing this morning. A quiet morning, with a woman being dragged along for a walk by her two labs, a couple of other walkers and the rooster on the nearby farm crowing in the background. Not any clouds in the sky, but there is a haze in the air. I tend to like morning light to photograph by, so it was a good walk.

A couple random thoughts.

Yesterday was Edwin Lands 100th birthday. The genius who perfected instant photography, it's a shame what's become of his company. Looking over a series of quotes attributed to him, one struck me.

"Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity. "


Then there is Miru Kim's TED talk. She is an urban explorer who "follows the rats". She's explored countless cities subways and catacombs, starting with New York. While I really like her photography, I'm not sure I could do what she does. Note the video does have some nudity, so it's probably not safe for work.

If you're into trains, Saturday May 9th is National Train Day.

Comments

Popular Posts