SoFoBoMo - Carnival

I was going to use some of the shots I took over the weekend at a local carnival to do a demo book. The problem was the more I looked, the more shots I had that I liked. I'm not sure I have enough photos to make the "official" number of 35, but it will be close.

Now that I've decided to compile a book, I've been obsessing over the design. The part I'm panicking about strangely enough is the cover. I can't come up with a cover design that doesn't feel hokey to me. I'm going to think this part through for a while, but I definitely want to get this out of the way this week. Once I get the book put together, I just need to come up with a way to distribute it.

I'm still trying to come up with a start date for my original project. The weather still is not cooperating around here. Between that and my schedule for the next month, I'm not sure when I'm going to get a chance to hit the road.

I may have to come up with a backup plan.

Comments

Unknown said…
on cover designs - I'd suggest just looking at photo books if you have any. Find one you like or bits that you like and shamelessly copy the styles.
Steve said…
Thanks Gordon, that's a good idea on where to start. Its not like I don't have plenty of books around here to look at.

Popular Posts