Memorial Day

It's Memorial Day in the US. A day for remembering and celebrating the men and women who gave their lives in defense of the country. It is celebrated on the last Monday of May and most people, including me at times, think of it only as a long weekend with a day off work.

For some reason, I'm being a bit retrospective this year. Winter and me did not get along this year. May finally getting here with the trees blooming and the flowers coming up finally marked to me the end of it. I also celebrate a lot of anniversaries in May. From my wedding anniversary, to my birthday and even the marking of my 1st year in a new job.

Today also made me think of my father, who was a veteran in WWII. He never talked at all about his experiences in the war. With all the talk about living memories of the few remaining veterans from those wars, I wish I would have had a serious talk with him about the war and his life in general. I'm not sure he would have opened up to me about it, but I wish I would have tried.

No photography, just ramblings. Sorry.

Comments

Popular Posts