Crisp Point Lighthouse

Up in the Upper Peninsula this weekend. I had to get out of town and ended up in the Paradise Michigan area. Home to some great landscapes, lots of water, lighthouses and lots of wildlife. One thing I didn't see was a lot of people. It looks like between the rotten Michigan economy and high gas prices, a lot of people aren't traveling.

One of the lighthouse I saw was the one at Point Crisp. A great little lighthouse at the end of 20 miles of dirt road. Somehow I managed to pick the weekend of the Point Crisp Lighthouse Association annual meeting. I drove up to the lighthouse and there had to be 50 people there. It made getting a photo without people interesting. An hour after taking this, a fog bank moved in and you couldn't see 500 feet.

If you're into lighthouses, this one is a definite must see. Be warned the last 7 miles of dirt road is a county road that only an optimist would call a county road. Better than a two track, but I'm not sure I would want to try it during the wet season.

Comments

Popular Posts