Retrospective

This is the time of year when it seems everyone is making resolutions, goals and looking back at what happened last year. I have to admit, I'm not exactly immune from this trend, as you've seen from my goals post earlier.

I was listening to this podcast from Martin Bailey, where he picked his top 10 photographs from last year. If you haven't listened to it, you should, he has some amazing photography. If you listen in iTunes, you will see the photographs as he talks about them. After thinking about it for all of 10 minutes, I've decided that I'm going to go through my photographs I took last year and try to pick out my 10 favorites. I think this will help me in a couple of ways.

The first one is a little pedestrian. I tend to keep everything I've taken. While I'm doing this exercise, I've decided I'm going to clean up a little bit and at least delete the really technically bad photos.

The second way it will help me is that it gives me a baseline for the future. If I have a selection of photographs I feel are my personal best, I can review those in the years ahead and see how this journey is going.

Lastly, it will help me with one of my personal goals. Once I finish selecting these photos, I will have the nucleus of a personal show. Of course there will be the mundane tasks of printing and framing them, but the hard part will be done.

I'm undecided if I will post them online or not at the moment, I'll have to see what I come up with.

Comments

Popular Posts