Intent



One of the English magazines I peruse over coffee at the local book store had a quote that I can relate with.

I never have taken a picture I've intended. They're always better or worse. - Diane Arbus

This struck me as very relevant to my photography.  It always seems that the photo I view on the negative or my computer is always subtly different from what I saw in the viewfinder.  Part of it is that the viewfinders on the cameras I buy don't cover the full field of view.  But there is more to it.  I've taken photos that I thought at the time were going to be great, but when I looked them over, I didn't care for them.  The opposite has also happened.  This is one reason I don't review and delete photos while they are in the camera.  Maybe if I did more landscapes and less event photography, it would change.  

The above photo has nothing to do with this post, I just felt I needed a photo.  It is the bass player from last weeks Blues on the Mall concert.  I hadn't posted it yet, and I liked the intensity he had.
  


Comments

Popular Posts