Gordon Wiltsie


Gordon Wiltsie, a mountaineer and photographer, whose work has been featured in National Geographic and Outside was in town Saturday. He gave a talk about his career at Aquinas College to raise funds for OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute).


Having been to hear other photographers speak, and not getting big crowds, I was surprised when I got there and was told it was sold out. I was put on a waiting list, and did manage to get in. The auditorium was full, probably over 500 people attending, if not more. While he stumbled a few times, his speech was mesmerizing, and his images even more so. He ran over the time allotted for him, and that cut into the question period. He did have signed books available, which he would personalize. I picked one up and mentioned to him that I appreciated his talk.

His web site is at http://alpenimage.com.

Comments

Popular Posts