Festival of the Arts Weekend

The 41st Festival of the Arts is over and it was a great time as usual. I spent a good part of the weekend downtown taking it all in. Such a smorgasbord of art, music, fun, and food. I tried to see it all, but that was impossible. I did my best anyway. A few photos from the weekend.






The Grand Rapids Jazz Orchestra with Edye Evans Hyde. She is probably the finest jazz singer in town. I need to admit I went to college with her, so I may be a little influenced by that.






Of course, there had to be a little rain, but it happened late Saturday. The shut the show down at 8:30 pm, but it got going full swing the next day.

It's too bad it is over, but it is a huge event, all run by volunteers. It is the biggest all volunteer event in the country and they were saying that over 20,000 people volunteer to make it happen. Considering the scope of it, I can believe it. I can hardly wait for next year already.

Comments

Anonymous said…
nice pics!!!

Popular Posts