SoFoBoMo - Part 2

Since I wrote about the Solo Photo Book Month in January, I've given it more thought. I am going to participate. I will need to come up with 35 images in a months time period beginning sometime in April and ending in May.

The problem lies in picking a theme.

I have an idea for a long term project I'm going to start pursuing this year, but it won't work for this.

A couple of ideas I have had.

One, do a short project on the barns of Byron Center. This area is among the highest growth areas in the county and a lot of the old buildings are disappearing. It would be relatively easy to do, just drive around, stop on the side of the road and photograph.

Two, do something with the Sleeping Bear Dunes area. I've been thinking about spending some time up there early this year and this would be a good excuse. It would mean I would probably have to spend a couple of weekends in the area during that month.


While I have no illusions that I am going to get a high quality book out of this or even if I'll finish it, it should be interesting.

A couple urls.

The gentlemen who started this.
solo-photo-book-month

A page of links to bloggers who have committed to this, I may have to have my page added.
bloggers page

Comments

Popular Posts