Accepted

I'm sure there is a song title there somewhere....

Anyway, I had submitted 3 prints to the local arts festival competition. I got notified yesterday that 2 of them had been accepted for the show. This is a big deal for me. It's the first art show I've been accepted at. I've had my work picked to hang at the local community college when I was taking classes and I've also had my photos on the walls of a couple local businesses. However this is different. The photography judge is someone whose work I like, David Lubbers. He doesn't know me from Adam and yet he picked two of my prints. Now admittedly there were a lot of other photographers selected, but there were also a lot who were not. I'm still somewhat shocked.

The web page for the 2008 Festival of the Arts.

Comments

Popular Posts