Bits

Movies - We've seen a couple of movies this weekend. The first one was "Wall-e". If you haven't seen this one, you need to go. While I like animation, I haven't been overly impressed with the plots on most of the recent movies. This one is different though, it has a plot that both adults and kids will like. It does have a couple of overtones about big business and the environment that kids will most likely miss. I couldn't believe how the animators could take a couple non-talking robots and give them such human emotions. Go see it.

The second movie we saw was "Hancock". A good summer movie and Will Smith does his usual fine job in it. But it had a couple of wierd plot twists I didn't really think needed to be there. In my opinion, not as good as "Wall-e".

Patriotism - This time of year, a lot of people wears their patriotism on their sleeves. I sometimes wonder if it is an American thing. I've read a few articles suggesting that it is. I somehow came across this editorial which talks about how the United States is a melting pot, still divided and how that is a good thing. I especially like the Mark Twain quote at the end of the article. "The nation is divided," he said, "half patriots and half traitors, and no man can tell which from which." It seems to me, especially in this election year, it is more true than ever. Also that things never change.

Geek Comics - xkcd.org, comics for the thinking person.

Comments

Popular Posts