Sitting and Thinking on a Saturday Morning




It's been a somewhat quiet week photographically for me. That doesn't mean I haven't taken photos, it means I haven't got a lot I liked. I guess I'm in a rut.

Out of the photos I've taken, I like the two above. The dog photo was taken in downtown Grand Rapids at a blues concert put on by a local radio station. I was struck by the little dog tied up to a row of bikes. I wondered how he got there, and if the motorcycle had a dog carrier on it. The clown photo was taken at a local city festival, I was waiting for the start of the 5k race, and this guy walked by me going to work. I wish I would have seen him earlier so I could have got him walking towards me. It would have been a little more poignant if he would have had a bottle in a paper bag, but that hopefully wouldn't happen on a Saturday morning.

Someone this summer described my work as contemplative. I'm not sure all of it is, but these two seem to fit that label. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, maybe it's just my mood.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wish the clown was carrying a nice brief case...

Popular Posts