Photo Books

I really believe that you become a better photographer by looking at other peoples photos, especially photos by photographers considered great. Being a big book lover, I use this as a justification to buy books on photography. I have to admit, I don't like it all, but it usually is interesting.

A couple web sites with photography book reviews.

5B4 is one site I've read on and off for a while. It tends to be a little academic, and wordy but interesting.

Buffet is a site I've just discovered. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see what I think of it long term.

While I haven't bought any of the books from the SoFoMoBo project from this year, the books provided by the 59 people who participated are usually available to brows online. That is another way to look at photography. Though to be fair I tend to like looking at a print more than I like looking at photography on the screen.

While I've bought books based on reviews from 5B4, or The Online Photographer, I have to admit most of the books I pick up are either from a bookstore after I look at it or at a talk I've attended where I can get the book autographed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You know, I was reading this and thinking that I don't really have any photo books. I have photography books, but no photo books. Hmm, I'm just going to have to fix that problem some day soon. :)

Popular Posts