Directions


Since I've bought the Mamiya 645 medium format film camera, I've found myself using if more and more. I like the photos I get out of it, plain and simple. They seem, to me at least, to have a crispness and tone that I haven't been able to get out of my 35 mm camera or my digital stuff. So far, I've just been using black and white film in it, since I can develop that on my own quite easily, but I may try a roll of color transparency film in it to see what I can get out of it.

The only problem so far has been the backlog of developing film and getting it scanned. I'm planning of setting up an enlarger in my basement and printing some of them the old fashioned way. Since I still struggle getting an acceptable scan, that may be a better formula for me.

The above photo was taken with the camera at a local park, scanned and then adjusted in Photoshop. I really wanted a high contrast scene to be the end result, and I think it turned out well.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

Popular Posts