Fireworks


It's the Fourth of July, of course there has to be fireworks....

We had excellent weather for the show. It had cooled down a bit, with a breeze popping up now and then.


I went downtown as usual for the fireworks along the Grand River. I had wanted to get a different spot then usual, but that didn't work out.


I got downtown at 9 pm, an hour and a half before the fireworks started, and it was already packed. I quickly abandoned my plans to find a high spot to get the crowds along the river as well as the fireworks, and just vowed to find a spot on a bridge. I quickly found a spot in the middle of the Bridge St. bridge. There were a couple on each side of an empty spot, and no one had claimed it yet, so I set up there. It was a good spot pretty much on the center of the bridge. As it got closer to the start time, the bridge filled up. During the display, I had a couple of kids kick my tripod a few times, but all in all, I got way too many photos. It took a bit to clear out the bad ones, and I still have a few I'm mulling over.


As usual the after event traffic rush was on. Once I got back to my car, it only took me about 10 minutes to get on the freeway, but that was packed all the way home.

I'm going to have to prepare earlier for the next event in the fall and try to find a building overlooking the river I have access too.

Comments

Popular Posts